Cost: $50 / hour
The Main Room is located in the beautiful old railway station and is the perfect setting for birthday parties, celebrations and even weddings.
It has a well-equipped kitchen attached to it and opens onto the old station platform, now a huge undercover veranda.
There is a playground, public barbecues and picnic tables just a few metres away. Please note that the barbecues and picnic tables are not the property of Railway House and cannot be booked; we cannot guarantee that they will be available for your use at the time of your event.
When you hire the Main Room, complementary bocce equipment is available (for use subject to court availability); please let staff know if you wish to do so.
The Main Room is approximately 6m x 8m in size and the veranda is approximately 21m x 5 m. The kitchen includes a stove / oven, microwave, refrigerator, kettle and urn and a range of basic cooking and serving utensils.
Feel free to come in and look around!
Hire of the Main Room includes 4 trestle tables (180 cm x 75 cm) and 20 chairs.
Due to COVID-19, the cleaning service is compulsory.
- Minimum 3 hour booking on weekends
- Morning bookings must finish by 1:00 PM
- Afternoon bookings can start from 2:00 PM
- If you wish to book 6 hours or more, there are no constraints on the start time of your booking as you will be the only booking that day. An hourly rate still applies.
- Please factor in time to set up and pack up into your booking time.
- Due to COVID-19, the cleaning option must be selected at the time of booking.
- There is a $20 caretaker fee applicable to all bookings; this covers the cost of our caretaker who will open and close the venue.
- A $50 cancellation fee will apply in the event of cancellation less than 2 weeks from your booking date.
- Any accidents occurring as a result of our negligence are covered by Railway House’s Public Liability Insurance. However, accidents that occur as a result of a hirer’s negligence will not be covered by our insurance policy.
To make a booking, please complete the Venue Hire Form, making sure that you first read the House Hire Information for further information and fees. As demand for the Main Room is high, we suggest booking early to avoid disappointment. Feel free to contact the office on 9380 6654 or firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability.