Cost: $50 / hour
The Main Room is located in the beautiful old railway station and is the perfect setting for birthday parties, celebrations and even weddings.
It has a well-equipped kitchen attached to it and opens onto the old station platform, now a huge undercover veranda.
There is a playground, public barbecues and picnic tables just a few metres away.
The Main Room is approximately 6m x 8m in size and the veranda is approximately 21m x 5 m. The kitchen includes a stove / oven, microwave, refrigerator, kettle and urn and a range of basic cooking and serving utensils.
Feel free to come in and look around!
Hire of the Main Room includes 4 trestle tables (180 cm x 75 cm) and 20 chairs.
Cleaning equipment is supplied and hirers are required to leave the venue as they found it. Alternatively, you can pay for our cleaning service ($30).
- Minimum 3 hour booking on weekends
- Morning bookings between 9:30AM and 2:00PM
- Afternoon bookings between 1:30PM and 6:00PM (later finish available – contact office)
- No restrictions for bookings of 6 hours or more
- Please factor in time to set up, pack up and clean (unless you are paying for cleaning service) into your booking time
- Cleaning option, if desired, must be selected at the time of booking as it can often not be added later due to booking crossovers.
- There is a $20 caretaker fee applicable to all bookings; this covers the cost of our caretaker who will open and close the venue.
- Please note: accidents occurring as a result of our negligence are covered by Railway House’s Public Liability Insurance. However, accidents that occur as a result of a hirer’s negligence will not be covered by our insurance policy.
To make a booking, please complete the House Hire Form, making sure that you first read the House Hire Information for further information and fees. As demand for the Main Room is high, we suggest booking early to avoid disappointment. Feel free to contact the office on 9380 6654 or firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability.