COVID-19 Services at Railway House
While we can’t run our usual programs and activities at this time, we remain committed to supporting our community.
Railway House is currently open from Monday to Thursday. Between 10am and 1pm you are welcome to drop in to:
- use the computers (two people at any one time)
- drop off light globes, batteries, small e-waste items and soft plastics for recycling
- borrow a book from our book trolley (or donate some!)
- do printing and photocopying
- drop off food donations for the Salvation Army Asylum Seeker Support Service.
We ask that visitors observe hand hygiene and social distancing protocols at all times, and please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
Princes Hill Support Network
In partnership with a group of young Princes Hill residents who want to help out their neighbours, Railway House can assist those who need help with things such as:
- Shopping and picking up prescriptions
- Dog walking
- Posting mail
- Anything else that you need
Please contact the office on 9380 6654 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to use this free service.
Free Fruit and Vegetables
Monday is Market Day! Come along to Railway House on Mondays between 11am and 1pm for access to a selection of fresh fruit and vegetables from Senserrick Greengrocer in North Carlton. BYO bag.
We have been able to move some of our programs online, so please get in touch if you’d like information about any of the following:
- Writing with Barry Dickins
- Tai Chi
- Gentle Exercise for Women
- Community Singing Group
The Railway Express
The Railway Express is a special weekly newsletter designed to help our community stay connected while programs are on hold.You can view all published editions of our special “Railway Express” weekly newsletter below:
Please check back here regularly to find out how we are changing and updating our offerings in line with COVID-19 developments.